April 25, 1917
Articles of incorporation have been recorded in the Corporation Clerk’s office of the city of Winchester and also with the Secretary of State at Richmond, incorporating the Winchester Cold Storage Company.
The purposes of the corporation are to erect a cold storage plant with approximately 100,000 barrels’ capacity and, in addition, to manufacture ice to be offered to the consumers of Winchester and Frederick County.
The corporation has purchased five acres of land from Mrs. Margaret Kremer, immediately south of the fairgrounds. The price paid for this land was $11,000. It is centrally located, accessible to both railroads, and is considered an ideal situation for the purposes of a cold storage and ice plant.